Tuesday, September 17, 2019

NEW HOME IN PdP

I have officially moved to PdP which is 45 minutes to an hour from St. Louis Du Nord where I have lived the last 10 years. Moving is hard no matter where you live but in Haiti brings on a whole new level of challenges. I am thankful to so many friends who helped me find a house, pack my stuff and move. It took 2 big trucks and 2 little trucks to move all my house and the outreach clinic supplies. I have decided to rent a house with my lead Rehab Tech Jenny. We are living a short 5 minute walk from the STAND clinic. Our new house has 2 bedrooms, a nice living room, kitchen, and bathroom. I have upgraded to running water (part of the time), electricity everyday for 10 hours, and better internet service in this bigger town. The transition has been overall smooth but I sure do miss the Miriam Center kids and still finding a new rhythm to daily life. I am praying I will be able to stay healthier with running water and power that will allow me to cook meals ahead and refrigerate or freeze. I will be able to heat food up quickly in the microwave. The new clinic runs from 8AM-4PM and have been getting home around 4:30 or 5:00 compared to getting home at 9 or 10PM. This is a big difference. Overall I feel this change will be good. I could not have done with move with out a TRIBE of supporters from around the world. Thank you to everyone who has been praying me through this transition. Thank you do my boyfriend Nathan who has completely changed his schedule to make sure to be available and supportive the last month. Thank you to my parents who have been busy helping me stateside. Mom has been busy sewing curtains for my new house and dad has been gathering supplies and doing western union runs. My NWHCM family has helped me on the ground with packing and actually moving. I feel blessed by my amazing tribe. 

HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who donated to get my house self sufficient on solar. Lionel and PD went out and bought 4 more batteries, 2 more solar panels, and a new freezer that is lower wattage. My freezer was 6 years old and so was pulling a ton of electricity. This will save me lots of money in the long run as no matter where I go my solar can go with me. Also with the Gas shortages in Haiti have been making it almost impossible to get gas to run generator and gas is selling at $17US a gallon! I feel so blessed with the new home God has provided and the luxury of having power to run refrigeration and fans. 

A BIG THANK YOU also goes to my mom she is amazing. She made curtains for every room in my new house, table runner, pillow covers for on the futon, and closet cover for my bedroom. I did not like my pink walls but with the curtains it pulls it all together and is not overwhelmingly pink. Plus every time I look at my curtains it reminds me of my mom :-)











No comments:

Post a Comment