Monday, May 31, 2010

They Made IT!

Today was a busy day and rather long considering I have a head cold and feel like someone is sitting on my face...you like that visual ;) The morning I decided to keep low key to save my energy for For Jonathan's Sake. I wrote up evaluations, took pictures to make a logo for In Their Grasp, continuing to organize the depot and make gift bags for all my For Jonathan Sake parents. Another BIG GOD moment from yesterday. We found out our crates will not arrive while I am here so the supplies I was hoping to use to make gift bags for all my For Jonathan Sake mothers and children would not come BUT THEN on the shipment that did come a school in kentucky made 28 bags (exactly how many I needed) filled with a variety of supplies donated to the Miriam Center. So I added to them and I am specializing to the groups of kids.

Today was hard because today started me telling the parents this is the last time I would be seeing them and workign with the kids. I can't beleive it :( BUT I also had the opportunity to thank them for letting me be apart of their life and their child's lives. I made sure they new how wonderful their kids were. That just because I am physically leaving that I am still praying for them and that I will see them next summer. So today I had the wonderful opportunity at end of my time to give them each a gift bag. I love my families and it is going to be so hard to leave them but they are not mine thaey are God's and I am His assistant, being His hands, and His feet. He will be holding them when I am not here... Loving on them...protecting them.

Emily and her mom safely made it to the mission :) It is so great to have familiar faces from home here. I am so excited to introduce them to my world and show them what a BIG GOD I serve. They made record time on the bus arrives in under 6.5 hours. They informed me of their adventurous ride :) The Bus is a treat...off roading for 8 hours. I love the bus ride though for the fact that you practically drive across the country of Haiti and it really helps to orient you to the country, the people, the poverty.

Well, I am off to bed for some much needed rest. Please pray for my health that I would start feeling better. Also pray for Emily and her mom as they continue on this adventure in Haiti. God is up to some amazing things and I am excited to see what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment