Monday, March 26, 2018

CHURCH TRIP DAY 1-2

After STAND ended I was super blessed to have 5 members from my home church New Bedford Evengelical Presbyterian Church join us as well as a church group from Florida's crosspoint church. We spent 5 days at the mission before heading to Cap Haitian for 5 days. I did my best to give them a well-rounded view at all aspects of the mission.

New Bedford's first day was flying from into PAP Haiti where they overnighted at New Life Children's Home in PAP. They had a chance to meet the kids I work with there. Cross Point church spent 2 nights at New Life and got to spend a while day working with the therapy staff and kids. They had a wonderful time training.

The day they arrived at the mission they ate lunch and then went on a tour of the mission learning about each aspect.

We then split into groups.
Group 1- worked on bagging each of the Miriam Center kids new outfits to be handed out in the evening and packaging the gifts for the Gran Moun Dinner Out.


Group 2- Worked on unpacking the bags and supplies they brought in and the supplies I brought back from STAND and had not had a chance to put away yet.  I was so overwhelmed and blessed by the amount of supplies and adaptive equipment these 2 churches brought in.






Group 3- The guys worked on building projects at my house


In the evening they had a movie night with the kids at the Miriam Center. They were also able to bless each of the Miriam Center kids with a new outfit and the boys got the GANGSTER hats they had been wanting!





No comments:

Post a Comment