Friday, July 10, 2009

Construction Continues

As I posted earlier this summer we have begun construction on what will be our new Miriam Center. When I left Haiti on june 27th We had knocked down tons of walls and new walls were put up to create wide doorways and hallways, Glass block windows to provide privacy & interior windows so you can into different rooms. The new building has 2 huge storage closests one for our educational toys and crafts and another for food. We also have another closet by the two bedrooms for the storage of closets. A group of probably 10 Haitian men were hired to work on this project. Since I left a few weeks ago, alot has been accomplished. I hear that all the walls have been sanded down & paint is going up. The glass block windows are in, the new sink wall is being installed, and a counter has been installed in the feeding room. Courtney & I cannot believe how fast construction is going. Especially since when I went into Haiti we did not plan on starting to build a new building till January. These kids are going to be back into their play room real soon which is so exciting. Here are some pictures I have, when I get updated pictures from Haiti I will post them :)
Before Demolition Began...
)

































Demolition Has Begun...
































Construction has begun...Look at our beautiful walls and windows.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment