One of my outreach dads (Ralph's dad) repainted my house for me. I really wanted yellow walls but we did not have any yellow paint left from Miriam Center renovations. So I went with orange. As soon as he started painting though I realized the orange was making my room look dark and small. I called Nicholson & luckily he had not picked up the tile yet. I switched & went with brown tile on the counters and beige on the floor. Then I painted 2 wall white and only had 2 orange. Below are the before & after shots of the house. It looks like a different space!!! Especially the shower!
After moving in I have found many pro's and cons to my new space
Pro's to my new house
-Tiled floor- I LOVE LOVE LOVE my tiled floor and how I can sweep it and bleach it and keep it clean and sit on my floor and work on my floor....
- Having my own shower and toilet...wow how nice is that especially when their are groups of 100 people here
- The ability to go to my room and not have people being able to see in on every side, mistaking my room as the girls bathroom
-Great countertops and working space for cooking and the ability to have my freezer in the same room as my stove and food!
- people walking into my house all the time because downstairs and not upstairs (mainly the Miriam Center kiddos. But now have a lock on my door so its better than it was. We are also working on learning to knock before you enter ;-)
- super loud outside my house because the stairs outside is where the kids from the big orphanage love to congregate at night. Sometimes I can't even make it to my house because 30 kids on my steps.
- Its a heat box...thought there would be more airflow than their is...it just gets pretty hot.
I could go on listing pro's and con's BUT all that matters is I love my new room and it is really feeling like HOME. My mom made me curtains for my birthday and Allyson my intern brought me in a fun shower curtain.
I am feeling very blessed by my new space!!!!