Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reflection Back Over The Summer

As I tried to figure out how to explain my summer in words…I decided it would be better if I instead made a videos with pictures & video clips from the summer. I have made 2 videos with plans to make 2 more in the coming weeks.

The first video I made was a Thank You video. It is full of pictures of me & the kids. The second (and longer) video is of all the therapy work I did this summer & it explains each piece. These videos don’t go through everything…obviously…since I took over 3,500 pictures & 120 videos but I think they give you a good taste & hopefully a better understanding.

When I left Haiti I felt like I hadn’t accomplished a lot…BUT when I finally sat down & got to reflect on my summer & everything I was able to accomplish I was blown away…I couldn’t believe that it all got done in 2.5 months.

List of what I was able to accomplish this summer
1. Visibility Boxes
2. Wheelchairs
3. Hand Splints
4. Occupational Therapy Evaluations & Treatment Plans
5. Train Naham
6. For Jonathan’s Sake Handout’s & Folders
7. Feeding Schedules & Feeding Plans
8. Helping develop Miriam Home Rotations
9. Introduction & training on how to use assistive technology
10. Positioning picture rings

The question how do I explain all of these projects to you. Well I made an 11 minute video that explains & shows each project. I will post it on youtube as soon as I get fast enough internet & post the link. All my facebook friend I will post it on their as well.

I then decided to list as many fun activities as I could remember doing with the Miriam Home kids. It was a fun exercise that brought back so many wonderful memories.
-Bubbles
-Playdough
-Painting
-Face painting
-train rides
-going to get Sapebones
-Ice Cream
-File Folder Games
-Games (don’t Break The Ice, Elephant game, etc.)
-Trips to the playground
-Wheelchair soccer
-Baking Cookies & Cakes
-Playing guitar for them especially Our God is an Awsome God!
-Shaving Cream
-Dancing
-Singing & Musical Instruments
-Movie Nights
-Saturday Cartoons
-Crafts
-Pretend 4 wheeler rides
-soccer
-Playing on old Cardboard boxes
-Hammock Time
-IPAD Time
-Puppet Shows
-VBS
-Going to church
-Night Routine of singing worship songs with my boys & Praying together
-Glow in the dark night

As you can see from the list above I had A LOT of fun with my kids. I have not had a chance to make a Miriam Home video. It will probably be a few weeks since I am back in NV & my computers video making program is not working. I will have to wait till my family comes out to help me move so I can use my mom’s computer.

So as I reflect back over the summer I stand in Awe of my BIG GOD & all the ways He worked in the lives around me as well as in & through me. I am humbled by all that God equipped & allowed me to do (much I did not feel qualified to do & could have only done with his guidance, strength & help). I feel extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to work alongside some of the most AMAZING people. To watch my Haitian staff pour out God’s love over the children. To watch my kids learn new things & just grow. I really do not know how to encompass in words this summer. One thing I know for sure after this summer…NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD! Thank you for all your prayers & support!

No comments:

Post a Comment