Friday, February 15, 2013

What God Has Called Me Too

As many of you know I spent the last 3 months living in Philadelphia working at a nursing home. The 3 months were full of many challenges at work mostly but also in my personal life. BUT as always through it all God was teaching me SOOO much. While in philadelphia I had a pastor attack my call in Haiti & basically tell me I was out of God's will if I moved to Haiti & he had 100 reasons why I should not go to Haiti...At first I was thrown back and shut down...the next week I sought God and the following is what He revealed to me. God CLEARIFIED MY CALL...

SCRIPTURE THAT CLARIFIES MY CALLING…. Specifically for children with disabilities and their families in Haiti…

1. God Has Called Me To DEFEND The Rights of The Poor And Needy 

“Defend the rights of the poor and needy” Prov 31:9 

 “Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us.” James 1:27


 

 2.God Has Called Me To FEED THE HUNGRY especially the malnourished disabled orphans in Haiti

  “If you offer your food to the hungry and satisfy the needs of the afflicted, then your light shall rise in the darkness and your gloom be like the noonday.” Isaiah 58:10 “For I was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick and you cared for me. I was in prison and you visited me. Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? And the King will tell them, ‘I assure you, when you did it to one of th least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!” Matthew 25:31-40NLT


'

 3. God has called Me To TAKE CARE OF THE SICK children (some of the sickest)

  “For I was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick and you cared for me. I was in prison and you visited me. Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? And the King will tell them, ‘I assure you, when you did it to one of th least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!” Matthew 25:31-40NLT




4. God has called me to CLOTHE the Naked. “For I was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick and you cared for me. I was in prison and you visited me. Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? And the King will tell them, ‘I assure you, when you did it to one of th least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!” Matthew 25:31-40NLT



5. God Has Called Me to COMFORT Parents Who Mourn The Loss of Their Children Who Went to Be With The Lord Before Them and At A Young Age. 

“For He will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy.” 

Ps 72:12-13 “The Lord comforts His people and will have compassion on His afflicted ones.” Isaiah 49:13 

 “Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is Near.” Phil 4:4



6. God Has Called Me to SPEAK OUT for and DEFEND the RIGHTS of those Who Can’t Themselves (The children with disabilities & The Families of these children. 

“Speak out for those who cannot speak, for the rights of all the destitute. Defend the rights of the poor and needy.” Prov 31:8-9 NSRV



7. God Has Called Me To Be His HANDS and FEET…

  “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20



MOST IMPORTANTLY GOD HAS NOT CALLED ME TO DO THIS ALONE…I am so thankful for the team of AMAZING Mission Family God has blessed me with ESPECIALLY My Miriam Center Mission Family


My Favorite Quote: 

"Christ has no body on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion for the world is to look out; yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good; and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now." ~Saint Teresa of Avila

My Mission Statement For Haiti:

 Making the Invisible…Visible through Christ, Church, Community. Showing the love of Christ first through my actions then through my words. Daily being Christ’s hands & feet to those living with a disability in a country that sees them as cursed for being different. Bringing hope to the hopeless…light into the darkness…AND Joy in the midst of hardship. Making Christ love Visible and Available to ALL! All while using the gifts and talents God has gifted me with as an Occupational Therapist to help each child reach their fullest potential!

 GOD WILL BE MY GUIDE… "YOU WILL SEEK ME AND FIND ME WHEN YOU SEEK ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART." JEREMIAH 29:13

 GOD’S PROMISE…“AND LET USE NOT GROW WEARY IN DOING GOOD, FOR IN DUE SEASON WE WILL REAP, IF WE DO NOT GIVE UP.” GALATIONS 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment