Saturday, March 7, 2015

Outreach Blessing Moseline's Family...New Roof + Windows/Doors + Fixed Walls = SAFE HOME



Meet Moline & her family.  Moseline has been faithfully coming to outreach for the past 3 years. Over the last 4 years I have really fallen in love with this family. They are one of the most faithful families. They are always on time if not early for outreach & come rain or shine almost every week. Moline has low muscle tone, visual impairments & sensory seeking tendencies. When she started coming to outreach 3 years ago she was unable to sit unsupported let alone stand, she did not like holding objects or playing with toys. Her mother stated she had to do everything for her & wanted to know how to help her. 


Over the past 4 years Moselin's mother & therapy staff have worked hard with Moline & she is making good progress. Her mother is eager to learn & takes time to work with her daughter. Moline has worked on holding/playing with toys which she thoroughly enjoys now especially vibrating toys or noise making toys. She loves swinging, massage & vibrating brush and thinks it is the BEST part of therapy. She is not a fan of core-strengthening on the therapy ball or working on standing/walking but does a great job. Moline can stand with Minimal assistance to no assistance for ~10 minutes now & can take steps with hands held walking 30+ feet! I absolutely love watching her mother & older brother (who comes with them every week to therapy) interact with her, encourage her, & work with her. Mosline's brother doesn't only work with her but helps with the other children as well. He has such a tender, compassionate heart!


Moseline & her brother during outreach one day. He was helping her play with toys.
Moseline's brother helping Prisca another one of the outreach kids during therapy

Mussolini playing blocks with me

Mussolini standing in her PVC pipe stander which she has at home to use on a daily basis

Video of Moline standing like a rockstar!!!

Moseline's Mom doing massage with her

I have had the wonderful privilege of visiting their home on multiple occasions over the past few years. They live in a small 1 room shack in what would be considered the "Slums" There door does not close, their roof leaks and they live close to the ocean so when there are bad storms there is flooding. All they had in their home was a bed, a table, a few chairs and a couple suitcases. Their was a second room attached that was started with a few concrete blocks laid but far from completion.

Moslines family receiving a solar power christian radio with the
new testament in Creole on it during one of our home visits
Mosline's mother shared during one of our visits that she has a rich family that lives in the states who & last year they returned to Haiti. They blessed many people with their wealth but were unwilling to help her because she was a Christian. The whole reason they traveled back to Haiti was to go to a big celebration in Ansepehalor the voodoo capital of Haiti. Moline's mother's love for the LORD is so evident each week when we have Bible Study & Pray. On multiple occasions Moline's mother has stated how faithful God has been in providing for her needs. Even though she is a single mother without a job. She thanked God & stated how blessed they have been that none of them have been super sick or needed serious medical attention. 

At outreach one day we had a time to share praise reports...Moseline's mother shared how one day she was desperate....she had been unable to feed her family for 3 days...she went outside the house...sat on a chair & began singing praises to God & praying for God to provide. A short time later a man came by & blessed her family with food! What a testimony to God's faithfulness/love and to Moline's mothers faith! She always volunteers to pray & when scripture is read she is often mouthing the words from heart. Every time I ask how I can be praying for her she first asks that I pray for her daughter to talk/gain more skills, secondly she asks for prayers for shelter as their house is falling apart, and finally she asks for prayers that she could grow in her faith & stay encouraged!


Ever since that first visit to their home my heart has been burned for them...wanting to help. Well, last year when I got back to Haiti after being so sick & realizing I could not longer tolerate all the oil that is used while cooking the food at the mission (or all Haitian food). I knew I needed to cook for myself. With that said I knew I would need to get food at least biweekly at the market. I also knew that if I went to the market the prices would double because I am a "blanc" or "white". As I was praying about it Moselin's mother came to mind. I asked Presidue if she had a job & he said no. I then proceeded to ask her if she would be willing to go to market 2x a week & buy my groceries & in return I would pay her 100gds= $2.50USD each time she went so $5.00 USD a week. She immediately said yes & started thanking me profusely. Every morning when she comes to get my grocery list I am greeted with a HUGE hug and when she returns an hour or so later with my produce I am again hugged & thanked & she says a blessing over me. 


I have continued to have a burden for this family. for over a year now I have wanted to be able to bless this family with a new room on their home to keep them dry when it rains & fix their door so they don't have to worry about the little they have being stolen. A year ago I wrote a blog about this desire. Since then we created the outreach blessing fund. The blessing fun was created to bless families that are going through an especially hard/stressful time because of unexpected health, family, or other situation. Uses this fund is determined on a case by case basis through a team decision. Some ways we have used the blessing fund in the past has been to help families out with rent, help families to do start up businesses, help families with $ for needed medical testing, etc. 


Well about a month ago Presidue & Nicholson (2 of the therapy staff at the Miriam Center) contacted me with concerns about Moline's family's home. It was rainy season & they were getting a ton of rain. Moseline's family's home was flooding on almost a daily basis from the leaky roof. It was hard to keep themselves or their things dry. The guys felt that we should use some of the outreach blessing fund to finish her roof, fix the walls, and put doors & windows into their home. 



The guys stated that they felt she deserved this blessing secondary to her faithfulness to the outreach program, being a single mother, & that it was not a safe environment for them to stay healthy. We were able to hire a few Haitian men to do the repairs. They were able to put a new roof on, put in windows & doors, and fix the walls for $1,500. 



Thank you to each of you who have donated to the Outreach Blessing Fund & made it possible for us to bless Moselin's Family with a safe HOME! If you would like to make a donation towards the outreach blessing fund you can go to 
www.madeknown.org 
specify the donation is for  "Outreach Blessing Fund"


Moseline's Mothers favorite passage of scripture where she turns to find hope

Psalm 118

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.
Let Israel say:
    “His love endures forever.”
Let the house of Aaron say:
    “His love endures forever.”
Let those who fear the Lord say:
    “His love endures forever.”
When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord;
    he brought me into a spacious place.
The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?
The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
    I look in triumph on my enemies.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust in humans.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust in princes.
10 All the nations surrounded me,
    but in the name of the Lord I cut them down.
11 They surrounded me on every side,
    but in the name of the Lord I cut them down.
12 They swarmed around me like bees,
    but they were consumed as quickly as burning thorns;
    in the name of the Lord I cut them down.
13 I was pushed back and about to fall,
    but the Lord helped me.
14 The Lord is my strength and my defense[a];
    he has become my salvation.
15 Shouts of joy and victory
    resound in the tents of the righteous:
“The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!
16     The Lord’s right hand is lifted high;
    the Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!”
17 I will not die but live,
    and will proclaim what the Lord has done.
18 The Lord has chastened me severely,
    but he has not given me over to death.
19 Open for me the gates of the righteous;
    I will enter and give thanks to the Lord.
20 This is the gate of the Lord
    through which the righteous may enter.
21 I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
    you have become my salvation.
22 The stone the builders rejected
    has become the cornerstone;
23 the Lord has done this,
    and it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 The Lord has done it this very day;
    let us rejoice today and be glad.
25 Lord, save us!
    Lord, grant us success!
26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
    From the house of the Lord we bless you.[b]
27 The Lord is God,
    and he has made his light shine on us.
With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession
    up[c] to the horns of the altar.
28 You are my God, and I will praise you;
    you are my God, and I will exalt you.
29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment