Tuesday, November 3, 2015

WADLEY's SURPISE BIRTHDAY PARTY

Why?!?- because everyone deserves a birthday!
Tore Karenbauer has been planning this epic surprise birthday party for Wadley for months ever since he shared that he has never had a birthday party and didn't even know when his birthday was...

Today changed all that as the entire MC celebrated with him. The party was complete with cake, candles, decorations, foto booth, dancing...

Tori's BLOG about His special Day
"Last Friday turned out to be a pretty good day for Wadley.  It started off with no school.  He spent the morning playing with his friends (while I secretly worked on party decorations).  Every Friday afternoon he and I go to outreach therapy together.  After therapy, I sent him to play with his friends, and then the real work started.  Autumn, the occupational therapist, Carlos, the physical therapist, and myself started decorating one of the rooms.  Wadley’s favorite colors are blue and yellow, so all the decorations were blue and yellow! (Thanks mom for sending those in!)
Next, all of the children who live in the Miriam Center (the special needs home) came in to get ready.  They were so excited.  We passed out hats for everyone to get them in the spirit.  Then it was time to bring Wadley in.  I went to tell him we needed him for something, and he walked into his first surprise birthday party!
It took him a little bit to figure out what was going on, but once he did, he was the life of the party.  There was cake, a photo booth, and lots of dancing.  Everyone had so much fun! Mom had sent down sunglasses for everyone, and they were a huge hit.  I have enjoyed watching these sunglasses make their rounds through the campus the last couple of days.  The other night a security guard was wearing a pair, and I saw a couple pairs at church yesterday!
While Wadley has many friends in the Miriam Center, he also has many friends in the boy’s orphanage.  I wanted to be able to include them too, so Wadley made a list of some of his best friends.  These friends were all invited to a movie night complete with juice, snacks, and a goodie bag!  They all showed up all dressed up and excited. 
All in all, I am so thankful to have been able to give Wadley a day for himself.  I explained to him after it was all over how now he can say that October 30th is his birthday.  Though I cannot change his past, I can do my best to make his present life all that it can be.  It is an amazing thought that even our best birthday parties in this life are a mere glimpse into the parties we will have in Heaven.  I hope and pray that everyone reading this will be in attendance of Wadley’s heavenly birthdays, when those days come.  I know I am looking forward to them. "















No comments:

Post a Comment