Saturday, April 17, 2010

22 Days Till Haiti…

I can’t believe I am saying this…”There are only 22 days till I will be in Haiti!” WOW!!! I remember in January my heart aching to be in Haiti NOW… and May 10th seeming so far away BUT Courtney you were right you back in February that March would fly and poof May would be here. Well, I feel like that is what happened.

Life has been crazy busy as I…-Graduate with my Maters in Occupational Therapy after 5 years of school (only 20 days ) I have been busy finishing my Thesis, wrapping up all my school project, starting to study for my boards which I plan to take July 19th, seeing friends, working as a work study for IRB department at Gannon, and oh yeah Living up my last few months of college!
-Continue to Look for a job…I have a job interview in Nevada May 3rd and I am really excited about his position. It is in a school district working with kids of all ages. I will have the opportunity to pick up extra hours at an outpatient clinic. There is great vacation that would allow me to be in Haiti about 6-7 weeks out of each year. God opened this door and I am TRUSTING HIM and walking threw it till he closes it. PLEASE PRAY for wisdom and guidance as I continue to follow strive to follow God with my everything
-Plan to head back to Haiti for 5 weeks to work in the Miriam Center. I have been busy sending out my newsletters, buying supplies for Haiti, making evaluation forms, meeting with various medical professionals and picking their brains, collecting educational material for parents and caregivers, finding good picture handouts on positioning, etc.
-Share Haiti and my passion for Haiti every time I get a chance. In February I had 4 opportunities to speak at various churches and organizations and this month I have/had 6 speaking engagements. Speaking in front of people is not my thing but God often takes us out of our comfort zone to prove he can do all things threw us is we are willing to let him. We are His vessel for His use.
-Work on a huge sign language project for Haiti. Gannon Universities Sign Language class has partnered in with me make sign language videos that will have the English, the sign, the creole, and picture of over 500 words and sentences. This is going to be an amazing education tool. So many individuals have come together to make this project happen including Gannon Signing classes, Michelle & Rachel (signing), Rolgard (translating creole), Erin (taping Creole), Cara (speaking creole). Thank you to everyone who is helping with this project I will post more about this project in the coming weeks as I get more done with it.
-OH and Finally as I prepare to move out of my apartment as well prior to leaving for Haiti and Graduating.

As you can see I am crazy busy. I have been feeling rather overwhelmed with everything going on, all the things to do…that at times I admit God has got pushed to the back burner even though he is my STRENGTH and my SUSTAINER. How come when we get busy the first thing we push out is time with God and in His word. Isn’t this the thing we need MOST. WHY do I fail to draw my strength from him. Everything I have is a gift from Him…and everything I have listed up there He gave me…BUT HE also knows that on my own I cannot do all those things and it is only by His strength I can

A little prayer timeline…Please keep me in your prayer…I really need them!
May 3- Interview in Nevada
May 7th and 8th- move out of my apartment
May 8th- graduation
May10th leave for Haiti (stay overnight in Miami)
May 11th- fly into PAP and spend 1.5 days there
May 12th in the evening arrive at NWHCM and get to see my family and hug my kids

I have so many unknowns ahead…God is pushing me out of my comfort zone in so many ways BUT I am excited/nervous…I want to grow in God and is it means being uncomfortable and even afraid at time then….Here I AM LORD…SEND ME!

Part of me did not want to say that…part of me wanted to come up with the list of excuses of why I should not go interview in Nevada, why staying in PAP for 2 days may have not been the best idea, why I should curl up in my turtle shell (comfort zone) turn on my favorite TV show and not think about any of this…lol… BUT NO! I have been chosen by God to do and participate in the things listed above. NO…I don’t know what he has in store for me exactly but I do know…That God has great plans for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). I also know that in psalm 32:8 God says that He will instruct me in the way I should go, that he will counsel me and watch over me!

I am not alone…I am NEVER alone. God’s got my back. AND He has gone ahead of me and prepared my way…OH AND MY GOD WALKS WITH ME AND HOLDS MY HAND. What an amazing God I have. My life is an adventure with God and I do NOT want it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment