Saturday, April 17, 2010

God’s Blessings

As I have said many times…God often speaks to me while I am laying in bed trying to go to sleep...probably because this is the only time I slow down long enough for him to speak to me. As I have shared previously one night while laying in Bed I felt him calling me in the morning to contact 2 companies by email that I was looking into buying supplies for this summer from and see if the would be willing to donate. I was not real comfortable with this idea. I HATE asking for money and for donations BUT I obeyed. A few blog posts ago I told the story about the one company Sydspeak who donated 2 communication boards even though I only asked for one…PRAISE GOD!

I know have the privilege of reporting that the other company that I wrote to that same morning Super Duper Publication (http://www.superduperinc.com/Default.aspx). I sent them my wish list that had 14 items on it and they donated 9 of them. I attached pictures below. I am SUPER EXCITED about these donations. These are going to be great resources and will be wonderful teaching tools for the staff. They will also provide tons of fun for the kids and add much needed movement to their sensory diets.

Thank you soooooooo much to both Sydspeak and Super Duper Publications for their generosity and willingness to make a difference in these chidlren’s lives. I cannot wait to see the children's faces as they get to use this therapy equiptment.

This has been a vivid reminder to me that God blesses us when we step out in obedience and do what he is calling us to do.

















I also had the wonderful privlidge of purchasing therapy swings. I got a really good deal and was able to purchase 3 platform swings for the price of one. Satan is doing everything he can so I do not get these swings into Haiti BUT I refuse to give up. It was going to cost me an extra $300 dollars to carry these swings in with me on the airplane ( more than teh cost I paid for them including shipping!) So Since Courtney is flying out this week to KEntucky I am going to ship them to Kentucky (2 out of the 3) for her pack in the crates to be shipped in. I am also looking into ordering a net swing to carry in with me and use with the kids this summer so that we will have 2 swings in Haiti.

I have been wanting to get therapy swings into Haiti for a while now. They are going to be soooo good for so many of the children. The vestibular input is so good for chidlren with Autism and many of the chidlren with CP. There is so much you can do on and with the swings and I am excited to be able to teach the Hatian Staff how to use the swings with the children.

The other day I started thinking about how we were going to hang these swings. I have had many conversations with various people of different professions from OTs to PTs to construction workers, to the lady I work for, to my dad...lol... We had some ideas but no definites this will work in teh budget we have. Courtney a few days later emailed me adn told me their is a guy in there right now willing to come up with a way to hang the swings if I would send him pictures of what we have so far and what we are hoping to get. HOW EXCITING!!! Another reminder that God always provides. Below is pictures of the platform swing we already have and the net swing I am hoping to purshcase before I leave.





Here are a couple other swings on our wish-list to get in soon



No comments:

Post a Comment