Monday, November 7, 2011

Things I am Thankful for 1,2, & 3

A few of my missionary friends are taking November as a time to reflect on the things they are thankful for. Each day in November they are picking 1 thing they are thankful for and blogging. I have decided to attempt to do the same…I am 7 days behind and therefore will be catching up over the next few days…

1.) SALVATION- Without it I am NOTHING…My life would have no meaning, no drive, No Joy, No peace…No Hope. The simple fact that the God of the universe would send his one and only son to die for me…continues to blow me away. The fact that through Jesus I am forgiven…given a clean slate…seen as a child of God and given a purpose to fulfill on earth with the promise of the reward of eternity at the end...MINDBOGGLING! Thank you LORD for the Free Gift of SALVATION that cost you so much!

2.) My PARENTS- God has blessed me with the most amazing parents who have poured so much into me. They poured their love, their time, their energy, their words, their hugs/kisses, their finances. They sacrificed so much so I could have a Christian education through 8th grade which truly laid a foundation for my walk with the Lord. They sacrificed so I could go to Christian summer camp every year where I accepted Christ for the first time…They sacrificed so I could go to youth conventions/Ralley’s…even when they were tired they took me to youth group…my dad woke up early to drive me to Tuesday morning breakfast/Bible study in high school. They were with me on my first mission trip that sparked my passion for missions. They have been the ones who have supported me through all the big and little decisions in life…even when it hurt them to let me go…allow me to move…Trust me into God’s hands. My parents sacrificed so much to help me grow in the Lord and I am eternally grateful for their outpouring of love and their faithfulness to serving God. I love you both so much!

3.) FRIENDS- God has truly blessed me some of the most AMAZING friends throughout my life. Not just friends to hang out with but TRUE GENUINE LIFELONG friends…friends that have poured into me, helped me through difficult times, friends I have been able to serve the LORD alongside, study God’s word with, and Just have a fun with. Accountability Partners, Spiritual Mentors, Second Parents, House Mates, Bible Study Partners…the list goes on and on. Friends that even though we are separated by thousands of miles and may only talk or see each other a couple times a year now…I know that they are praying for me and I am praying for them. I am so eternally grateful for the friendships God has blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment