Monday, April 28, 2014

EASTER SUNDAY


HAPPY EASTER!!! I pray that each of you had a BLESSED EASTER.
We sure did at the Miriam Center. 
The Video below is some of the kids wishing you a HAPPY EASTER before church started...




My Easter Morning Started bright & early baking Cinnomen rolls for breakfast for Stephanie, Ashley & Me and baking the Apple Dumpling bread (Made up the recipe) for dessert after lunch. I then put the scalloped potatoes & ham together & got it in the oven before church.



I gathered up the tambourines, drums, & guitar for Miriam Center church. We had a wonderful hour of worshiping together staff & children like we do every Sunday. I just love observing each of the children worshiping in their own unique way. I caught Ti-Stevenson worshiping on Easter Sunday video posted below. I usually play 2-3 songs on the guitar that the kids pick out but I picked out 3 songs related to Easter to play and then let the kids pick one ;-)

My 2 lap buddies for church 

After church some of the kids & I sat in the hallway and sang/signed through the songs on the Veggie Tales Sunday School songs. It was so much fun. Then I went upstairs got the IPAD and gathered all the older kids in the birdcage & we read/worked through the Interactive Bible stories of the Crucifixion & Ressurection.

Stephanie & I then headed back upstairs & finished cooking Easter Lunch for our mission family. I took a picture before we sat down to eat but then forgot to take one once we sat down. We had a wonderful dinner of scalloped potatoes & ham, mashed potatoes, apple dumplin bread, coleslaw, brownies, & devil eggs. It was quite the feast. We were blessed to have the Klink's parents in Haiti to join us for Easter.


 I was so thankful that everyone helped clean the dishes...I love to cook but might kinda despise cleanup...Their was no water so we bucketed water & washed the dishes outside.

Stephanie & I then hard boiled 50 eggs for are Easter Fun Parties planned for the afternoon. After the kids went down for their nap we were able to bless the staff on duty with some time to worship together & have fun together coloring Easter pictures & dying easter eggs. While Stephanie & I watched the kids during naptime & got them up from nap. I caught some of their worship time on video. 


We then brought all the older children into the classroom & had a little Easter Party. It started with Stephanie using her amazing story-telling skills to share the story of Jesus's life, death, & resurrection with the children & how much Jesus loves each of them. The kids were so attentive and good at answering the questions. I loved watching story time unfold & the kids learning more about their Lord & Savior!



We then split the kids into 2 groups. One group went with Stephanie to dye & eat Easter eggs.







The other group came with me to color Easter Pictures. The plan was for the groups to switch activities but we ran out of time. So my group just got to eat their un-dyed Easter eggs...which they were fine with. The best part it eating them....least that is what they thought & that is all that matters. 




I sure did have a very blessed Easter Sunday celebrating my Lord's resurrection & his GREAT unconditional love for me with my kids...












No comments:

Post a Comment