Saturday, July 16, 2016

Molly Welsch 30th Birthday Registry

My dear friend Molly who is a Speech Therapist and who came to Haiti for 3 months a few years ago has since been 1 of my biggest advocates. She impacted the children's lives at the Miriam Center and continues to impact their lives by being selfless and doing things like this....

For her 30th birthday she made a Facebook Registry page that read the following.....

I think I have caught enough bouquets, worn my fair share of polyester, and have thrown enough showers to earn a registry of my own.

On June 3rd I will be turning 30 and I am requesting 30 gifts from at least 30 of my friends.  

I am seeking at least 30 donations of 30 dollars for children in Northwest Haiti. These 30 dollar donations will support therapy sessions for children with special needs.

A remarkable friend of mine, Autumn Marshall, is an Occupational Therapist who has a remarkable vision. She devotes her life to the Lord and His people in Haiti. She provides a magnitude of services to children with disabilities to enhance their nutrition, development, and quality of life. She educates their families and communities; she provides them with the support they need to assist their children. She works on an international level to help bring Occupational Therapy Education Programs to Haiti and spends countless hours training Haitian OT students to develop sustainable programs. Autumn's impact is too strong to sum up in a lousy social media post but I highly encourage you to check out her blog. Her work is rather impressive and she could totally use our support!

So no, I am not seeking a new set of gold rose print china or a state of the art mixer in mint green (although I have definitley thought of it) but I am seeking a donation to support an inspiring cause. Your donation will go directly to Autumn and her vision.

And by no means does the donation have to be 30 dollars, it just went with the theme. Please donate what every you can. And don’t forget prayer.  

So I am reaching out to all of you 13 brides who I have stood beside (and you 3 that are pending) to go on and get this kick started. We will be halfway to 30 by morning! 

To donate: www.CTEN.org/autumnmarshall/

Molly Met her goal as 30 people did donate! Many donating more than $30. The Miriam Center celebrated her birthday with a movie and donuts and sent Molly lots of love through their smiles and they even recorded a special Happy Birthday song for her!!!!










I feel like THANK YOU is not enough.... BUT THANK YOU! To each and everyone of you who gave in honor of Molly's Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment