Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day


SO, as I was reading blogs this morning I read Cammie Aberle's blog (A missionary family who serves God in Haiti with OMS). She posted a really interesting blog about who St. Patrick was and how he lived his life. I am sitting here now trying to figuere out how this holiday got turned into a drunken brawl???? I cannot figure it out.

Here is what Cammie wrote

"I have to admit that before today I knew absolutely nothing real about St Patrick's Day. Yet, Sandy mentioned what a great guy he was, so I looked him up. Here is what jumped out to me.

- He lived as a slave, sheep herding in Ireland. He spent hours praying day and night.
- He escaped after having a dream that said "Thy ship is ready for thee."
- He returned to Ireland after having another dream where the people of Ireland
were calling him back.
- Ireland was a pagan country at the time and Patrick started his ministry in
Ireland with some amazing events.
- He continued sharing the gospel throughout Ireland and much was done for the
kingdom of God.

The real story, not summarized by me is found here.
http://holydays.tripod.com/shamrock.htm

So today, the kids and I celebrated this "normal" guy turned quite extraordinary. St. Patrick did great things for God simply because he sought God, was submissive to Him and God used Him. There is hope for us all. May we all have such a deep commitment to prayer, obeying God and sharing the gospel.

God ......one willing man......a country turned back to God.......now that's hope."


My prayer is that I would be one willing women....determined to see my country and Haiti turned back to God....with such strong hope that could only come from God.

Praising God for Cammie sharing this truth about St. Patricks day. It breaks my heart too see so many people turn this day set aside to honor a man who served God into a drunken brawl. Praying that our nation would be turned back to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment