Monday, September 20, 2010

Miracles Happen

The following is a peice from my missionary friends Matt and Stacey Ayers blog who work with OMS in Cap Haitia at the Seminary. They are amazing Godly people with a heart for the gospel especially to share it with there brothers and sisters in Haiti. I have a link to their blog over on the right hand side. This is a HUGE MIRACLE AND JUST A REMINDER OF HOW BIG OF A GOD WE SERVE!

BUT, the most exciting thing to report is a miraculous (aren't they all!) conversion! There is (well, there was) a witch doctor living in Vaudreil (where the main OMS Haiti compound is) named Innocent. Over the past years, the Lord has put Innocent on the hearts of many, and countless foreign and national Christians have met with him, prayed with and for him, and given him countless opportunities to accept Christ.


While he is always open to discussion, and even asks for prayer, ect., he has never been willing to accept, losing to his greatest slave, money. "If I didn't do this, what will I do for money? How will I take care of my family?"


Last Tuesday, Lucner and Jerry went to see him again, picking him up at a local bar and shared with him salvation once again.


"I know that it is a simple decision," Innocent said, "It is simple. But it is BIG. I can't do that."


They left a little discouraged that once again, Innocent had been so open, but so unwilling.


However, on Friday, Jerry got a call from Innocent, saying that he needed to see him. Matt and Jerry drove back to Vaudreil, hopeful, but not confident that he wasn't just needing money or wanting to debate.


When they arrived, they found Innocent a different man. "I cannot stop thinking about everything you keep telling me, and I'm ready. I'm ready."


"What will I do for money?" he asked them. "How can you help me?"


"I leave tomorrow," Jerry told him. "I can't do anything to help you. But God WILL provide for you. Do you want to trust him to?"


"I'm ready."


Matt and Jerry led him to the Lord right there, and when it was time to leave, Innocent made them a promise.


"Come back tomorrow, and I promise that all of this stuff will be gone," Innocent said, nodding to the talismans, trinkets and ceremonial items in his temple. "I'm done. I have a new life."


The next morning they stopped at his place on their way to the airport to drop off a few books the Seminary has helped translate on the foundations and beliefs of Christianity.


"I slept WELL," Innocent said, showing them his empty temple. "I have peace. I don't know what I'm going to do. But I have peace."


THIS IS EXCITING STUFF! It is the FIRST time since we've been here that we have seen a witch doctor convert, with so many being unwilling to give up the "business" for possible poverty. For YEARS different visitors, missionaries and national friends have asked for prayer for Innocent, and last week, all these prayers came true.


No one, not even God himself, could MAKE Innocent leave a life of serving Satan. NO one could convince him to follow Christ. The God of the Universe can't MAKE us love him. We have to choose to. Simple. But BIG. Because it's not just a choice like what to have for lunch. It is a choice that changes EVERYTHING.


Innocent's choice on Friday changes EVERYTHING. HOW exciting is that! "Changes Everything" is exactly what Innocent, me, Haiti, needs.


Jesus, who had NO sin, took on sin so that we, who had NOTHING holy, could be, and therefore be in relationship with a holy God. Changes EVERYTHING.


Praise the Lord! Please be praying for Innocent as a new Christian making a giant leap of faith.


Does it seem like there are a ridiculous amount of miracles taking place lately? Yay! It is just AWESOME to be a reporter for the Divine Events Coordinator.

No comments:

Post a Comment