Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rest In Peace with your King

I know I am posting alot of other peoples words and stories but since I am not there first hand I want you to see and hear the amazing stoies of serving our King. The following one is written by Ariana Lee who spent half the summer in Haiti. She got there right after I left so I did not get to meet her face to face but I really got to see her amazing heart threw facebook and her blog :) Last night was a rough night. I got news that Walensky went to be with His maker. If you look a few posts before you will where I wrote about him being so sick. He is one of my For Jonathan Sake kids. He had some type of degenerative disease and has a sister who has the same one. How hard for a mother to lose a child and knowing that her other child is on the same path. Please pray for this family. Pray for God's presence and peace and love to surrond them. The following is a blogpost Ariana wrote....It is Just Beautiful! Thank you Ari for shairng your heart and the truth of where Walensky is. Thank you for loving on him when I couldn't and for carrying Him to the king!

Today, I was met with a difficult, but blessing of a truth: Walensky is Home!
It was probably a week or more ago, Walensky left the arms of his mommy to be with his Jesus.
It hit me a little bit harder than I expected it to. And, oh, how my heart longed to be there again! Simply stated, though, part of my heart will always long to be in that home. For today, I am learning to be content where I am and with where he was.
Walensky was with his mommy.
And I’m battling pieces of my own belonging and of my abilities, or lack there of. But my heart, though aching, is at peace. This is so much bigger than me! This little boy just got to meet his King, his Perfector, his Creator, his Lover… his God!
He isn’t hurting. He can BREATHE. He can move. He is whole and safe. He is Home. He is God’s.

This is the blog I wrote on June 29… What a fighter!

Today, we went to the hospital.
We took in Walensky, a little boy from Rou’s Corner.
I’ll introduce you to him:
His eyes are dark and deep, as deep as the ocean. Within them, there’s an untold story and incredible amount of pain. But soon, they’ll see an amazing glory.
His ears are merely there, nothing spectacular. They won’t be spectacular until they hear the chorus surrounding the Throne.
His limbs are thin and of no use to him. He won’t use them until he is on his knees before the King.
His feet, at the end of his legs are pointed. It’s as if they know they are destined for a place greater than this one. They know they’ll carry him on streets more gentle than ours.
His heart beats. Only until it’s time for him to be Home.
His chest rises. His chest falls. Only once more.

We’re okay. The four of us? Yeah, we’re okay. I can’t account for Courtney and Michelle’s. Only Walensky’s and my own.
I’m okay. It’s a merciful place to be. We got to love him. We cared for him. We never left him alone. And when he left us, he found mercy. His mercy is in the arms of the King. In the Good. In the painless breath, the easy beat.
He’s okay. He’s standing in the Courts of the King. In the presence of the One that is Good. He’s living painlessly, dancing wholly.

Rest, my child. Rest easily. I’ll see you soon.


One last goodnight, Walensky.
I love you.
I thank God for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment