Saturday, December 7, 2013

Therapy Ball Training

In June I was blessed with getting a donation of 25 small therapy balls. Since then I have been wanting to do a training with the outreach families & give them each a therapy ball for at home to work with their children.

A few weeks ago I had a wonderful opportunity of holding a training on a Teusday afternoon & invited all the outreach families. I had about 15 families show up (about ½ of my current regular outreach families). I was originally going to use the handouts I had recently made & yet to train on but realized that pictures of how to use the therapy ball were spread out over 7-8 different handouts. Thus I decided to make new handouts that were just therapy ball. I spent 2 days finding pictures, scanning them, categorizing the pictures, printing handouts and laminating them.

I held the training in the chapel. Alcana and Nahum helped me translate. It was a very interactive training. I started out working my way through all the handouts demonstrating all the exercises on various children. Presidue, Nahum, and myself went around & worked 1:1 with each family starring the most appropriate exercise’s to do with their child on the ball.  Each of the families left with a customize plan, a therapy ball/pump and with smiles on their faces.

One of my favorite parts of the training was seeing the community that has been built over the year. I loved seeing the mom’s talk & interact and some of the children interact with each other as well. I also enjoyed watching parents from different days of outreach meet & build relationship. 

Praising God for such a successful training! 





























No comments:

Post a Comment