Thursday, October 29, 2015

Diana's Visit :-)

Diana is a facebook Haitian OT friend who lives in Miami. She has been friends with me on Facebook for a few years. I enjoy seeing her OT related posts and she has been a close follower and supporter of my work in Haiti. Diana was born in Haiti (actually in a neighboring town to where the mission is). One of the things I love about Facebook is how small the world becomes. She lived in Haiti till she was I think 10-12 and has been living in the states since. She has visited Haiti quite a few times over the years but had never come to Haiti to use her OT skills before. She just started school to get her doctorate in OT a few weeks before her trip to Haiti. 
I got to spend 7 days with Diana. She stayed with family in PAP for the first few days and was able to attend Rehab Tech Graduation with Janet and Myself. She was also able to come to the end of the the HAOT meeting. She was able to visit the new OT/PT school in Leogane. 
She rode the bus back up north with me (after my couple day stay with my friends in PAP). It was so wonderful to have her along for the 7 hour trip back up north. We talked about a lot over those 10 hours :-) 
She stayed in town with her cousins and relatives during the 3 days who was in St. Louis. She came and spent the days at the Miriam Center learning/seeing my life and therapy world. It was so wonderful having her here. The kids and staff loved having her here. My only complaint is how short her stay was ;-) lol. 











We all can’t wait till your next trip back!!!! Thank you Diana for taking time from visiting family and friends to come and serve at the Miriam Center. We look forward to her next visit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment