Tuesday, October 27, 2015

NAHUM...LLU Rehab Technician Graduation!


WOW…It is hard to believe it has been 2 years since Nahum started Rehab Tech school. I know that many of you reading this have prayerfully and financially given to help Nahum get his education and I want to THANK YOU! I wish you each could have attended graduation alongside of me but since I know that was not possible I wanted to share this special day with each of you. 

Friday afternoon the day I arrived was the students who were graduating final exam day. As I walked into the school they were all anxiously waiting around to hear whether they passed or not. When word came that everyone had passed…the silence/nervous energy quickly turned to excitement! Lots of hugs and high fives and cheering. 2 years of hard work and it paid off! What a moment. The picture below captures a glimpse into the moment. 


Friday and Saturday evening I enjoyed hanging out with Nahum, Nicholson and some of their friends catching up and celebrating Nahum’s graduation. Saturday evening we celebrated with a dinner at the guys house and then 4 of them came back to my hotel and we taught them how to swim followed by a game of PIG Basketball. We shared ALOT of laughter and fun!      


Sunday was the BIG day...GRADUATION. 2 year of hardwork has paid off for Nahum! I am also proud of my students who did their internships under me at the Miriam Center Yvon and Joel. Words cannot express how proud I am of you! Before Graduation started I was able to get some pictures 

Joel and Nahum 

Nahum, Nicholson, Me, Yvon, Joel

I was lucky and got a front row seat for graduation and was able to get some really good pictures.


Nicholson (who will graduate next year)
Nahum getting ready to walk  down the isle
Yvon- one of my students for 3 months
Nahum
The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and all those who spoke & shared did a great job encouraging the students and spoke truth into them. The emphasized message of graduation was on using their gifts/talents for the Lord and how they are dedicating their lives to a life of service through therapy...to help those in need.


The pictures below our of the guys receiving their diploma's
Yvon
Nahum

One of my absolute favorite parts of the entire ceremony was the candlelight ceremony. The class of graduating class all lit their candles and walked across the stage and lit one of the students candles from the 2015 graduating class. The symbolism is so powerful!











I kept thinking...how this program is very difficult to get into...they have around 100 applicants each year and only take 12-15 students each year...Each of the students on that stage graduating conquered many hurdles to be on that stage...they studied their butts off the last 18 months and they were walking across that stage different people!
Nicholson class (who will graduate last year)

Nicholson and his buddies

 GRADUATING CLASS 2015




All of these guys completed their fieldwork under me at the 
Miriam Center at some point in the last 2 years. 
Johnson, Yvon, Nahum, Joel, Me, Steve

THE MIRIAM CENTER CREW
NIcholson, Nahum, Presendieu, and me

Nahum with 2 of his siblings
Nahum and his wife
Yvon and his wife
I loved getting to spend time over the few days talking with the founders of the school who are also professors. So thankful they followed God's calling and opened the school! I know this program has been life changing to so many
Sandra, Rhonda, Todd, Me, Everrette
IT was also wonderful to meet all these OT's in person at the graduation. It was so wonderful to be surrounded by so many OTs with the same passion for Haiti. I am Excited to work alongside each of these women in spreading OT awareness across Haiti. They are all going to help with the formation and starting the National HAOT Organization.
Me, Janet, Consuelo, Diana

This is Rochelle who is the Fieldwork Coordinator and helps run the office portion at the school. She is the one who coordinated all the students coming to the Miriam Center :-)


I have some EXCITING news. It looks like I will be teaching a week long class in December before I head back to the states for Christmas. I will be teaching Adaptive Design to Nicholson's class. I am excited and a little nervous. Please pray for me as I develop the curriculum content and plan for the week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment