Tuesday, October 27, 2015

FUN with FRIENDS

It was so wonderful after graduation weekend to go spend 2 days with my friends Courtney and Megan who live in PAP. I know Megan and her family from the Miracle Mountain Ranch where my brother serves.  A lot of conversations and hard decision making happened during the weekend of graduation so by the end I was emotionally drained and so ready for a day of fun with friends. It was so wonderful to get away and have a fun few day before heading back up north to my Haiti home. Megan’s sister Noelle was visiting for the week (who I also know from MMR) so it was great to see her experience Haiti.  


My first day with them was pretty busy. I finished up things in Carrefour after graduation in the morning with some meetings and so I didn’t get to their house till like 3. Shortly after I arrived I had coordinated to have a Facebook friend Ashley who is a missionary in La Caye area come meet me to evaluate one of her little girls  Rebecca she was concerned about. They drove 5+ hours to PAP.  After seeing the girl I quickly realized this was not an Occupational Therapist problem but an Orthotist was needed. At first I felt horrible thinking they came so far for me to evaluate and help this girl…and all I could think at first was that their was nothing I could do. The girl had a leg height discrepancy and scoliosis most likely stemming from the leg height discrepancy. BUT THEN I remembered that the STAND team (Ortho/Prostetic/PT) was coming in soon and so voxed (a walkie talkie app for the iphone) them and we were able to come up with a plan. I was able to measure the leg discrepancy and they would help make shoes for her. Then when I returned in a 3 weeks for the special needs health fair I would bring the shoes back with me. Love how Facebook can help make awsome connections these days!

Had a wonderful day. It started out having a great meeting with Presendieu Estime & Yvon Adolphe. Got to enjoy 1 last swim in the pool before departing guest house, I arrived at Megan Gerde and Courtney Dibble 's house and I am excited to spend a couple days with them. And so fun that Noelle is here as well. I Enjoyed visiting the orphanage where Jeffry, Moses, and Gayelle are again. Love that Jeffry is walking now and it was good to see gayelle smiling this time as last time she was in pain. I Enjoyed some snuggle time with Moses. I was also blessed to be able to meet up with Ashley Wojton today and evaluate one of her kiddos Rebeca. Thank you Morgan Denny for being willing to help get a pair of special shoes in to help this sweet girl. Thank you Ashley for driving all way to me. Love how Facebook can help make awsome connections these days!

After they left I was able to go to the little orphange that we had visited last time I was staying with them.  I enjoyed visiting the orphanage where Jeffry, Moses, and Gayelle are again (these are the kids I gave some therapy ideas for last time I visited.). Love that Jeffry is walking now and it was good to see gayelle smiling this time as last time she was in pain. I Enjoyed some snuggle time with Moses. It was also a blessing to watch Noelle, Megan, and Courtney hand out school supplies that they had collected in the states and brought in for each of the kids. The JOY on their faces was priceless. One of my favorite moments at the orphanage was holding and loving on baby Moses (who is not so little anymore) while a few of the orphan girls played with my hair. 






The second day I was there we went to the beach. This was the first time I had been to the beach for fun in almost 2 years (so sad since I live on a tropical island)…Anyway we had a wonderful day enjoying the ocean, having good fellowship, and just hanging out. The beach was pretty well empty so it was almost like we had the beach to ourselves…lol. Trips in Haiti are always eventful so wouldn’t expect this one to be any different. 



On our way back to their house…shortly after we left the beach…our truck broke down. It was a 2 hour adventure to get it fixed. We passed the time by making up a game that involved rocks to pass the time :-)




It is always refreshing to spend time with courtney and Megan. They are always so generous and willing to open their home to me. THANK YOU GIRLS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the blog, just love you all and miss you. This helps keep me connected. Love to see how God is working through you all. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete