Friday, January 5, 2018

NEW LIFE CHILDRENS HOME THERAPY UPDATE

It has been truly WONDERFUL and AMAZING to see the transformation of therapy at New Life Children's Home over the past 2 years. It is hard to believe that 2 years ago there was no therapy to today there being 3 Rehab Technicians working there full-time. The quality of life and care for these kids have increased GREATLY! I am so thankful that God has allowed me to play a small part in this. This would not have happened if it was not Kevin who Founded Big Step Ministries who raises the funds to pay the therapy salaries. Also Chelsea an OT who came down as a student and helped advocate for and fundraise to hire the first Rehab Tech. 
MEET JACK, ROSE, and DORGIL

Due to all my health issues the last 5 months I have had the opportunity to spend ALOT. more time than expected at New Life. I have loved getting to know the kids better, pour into the therapy staff some, and create and update treatment plans and schedules. A huge THANK YOU to New Life for giving me a place to stay while I had all my tests run in PAP. The last time I was there I made a new therapy schedule that incorporates group therapy to allow kids to get more activity throughout the day. It also has a Stander schedule, Massage/stretching schedule. I am excited for how this therapy schedule takes therapy for these kids to the next level. 




The Children were blessed to have Kaleigh spend  2 months at New Life pouring into the kids and staff. I love watching her interact with and love on those kids!


It has been fun to watch the therapy staff work with the kids, see the progress the kids are making and seeing just how excited the kids are for therapy! Here a few pictures I snapped while I was there. I was not very good at remembering to take pictures. 












I love these pictures. Anna just got her last set of clubfoot casts off and put on some braces and shoes and off she went working on walking! The moment definitely brought tears of JOY and watching Jack encourage her and walk with her was PRICELESS!

Here are some FUN pictures from the last few months! 























Another BIG Highlight over the last few months has been getting some GREAT new equipment into New Life including an adaptive bike, multiple different adaptive swings, a scooter board and 2 adult sit to stand standers! The kids are LOVING all the fun ways these can be incorporated Into therapy!











Thankful that my dear friend Megan was able to come spend a few evenings with me while I was in PAP for testing and medical stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment