Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meet My Kids....

Courtney and I


ALL THE KIDS...


I would like you all to meet the children of the Miriam Center. Courtney was very creative in writing these descriptions of our kids....

BELLE
I have Autism. {Please be aware that I can get easily frustrated and act that out. I love to walk, dance and overall do better one on one. I am working on being able to fulfill task such as sweeping, and cleaning and would love more experience. When helping me with a task I work better with fewer words. Please do not feed me, I am on a restricted diet.


WALDEN
I have Cerebral Palsy. I communicate fully through my eyes, smile and basic sound due to my limited physical ability, cannot sit up on my own due to low muscle tone. I am incredibly sharp and am just waiting for my body to catch up. I need a lot of time on my tummy practicing to keep my head up. I love touch and being part of your world. I am extremely ticklish!


RACHEL
Cannot sit up on my own. My body has a tendency to be twisted, it is good for me to be place into the sitting position. I love to be sung to and just being held. It is good for me to have tummy time.


CHERLINDA
I have lost most of my vision and can see shadows. I have a tendency to put things in my mouth. I can speak in Creole phrases that sometimes make sense. I have not a lot of experience without my vision and so my attention span on task can be limited. I love to go for a ride in my wheelchair and I love music of any kind.


JIMSON
I love music and to dance. I love just being able to get out of my bed and explore the world, so take me out in my wheelchair or for a walk by helping me support my weight. I love being bounced on the trampoline as well.


LOVEJINIE

I might look breakable but I am not, I love to be held. I love to be sung to and activities such as bubbles.


LOUNIDE
I don’t have the ability to sit up on my own; I love touch and am incredibly ticklish. So pick me up and sing to me. I need time on me stomach and reaching for items.


STEVEN
I have Cerebral Palsy. I love to learn and can pick up on new tasks easily. I am learning to use sign language and am pretty fluent in both Creole and English. I love to make music and listen to music. I am pretty mobile with the use of using my wheelchair as a walker.


DEN DEN
I have Cerebral Palsy and limited ability to use my hands. I can complete tasks with my mouth and toes. I am incredibly bright, hard-working and a born leader. I am pretty fluent in both Creole and English. I am pretty mobile with the use of using my wheelchair as a walker.


JOB
I am blind and don’t have the ability to sit up on my own, I love touch in any form, so pick me up and sing to me. I also respond well to tactile play. I also love to be held and rocked.


THAMERA
I have a form of Autism. I am in mental range of a two year old, in that understanding I am bright, I love to explore, don’t understand danger, will stick things in my mouth, and push things to the limit. I love be given the chance to explore my world in a controlled environment. I am mobile and will wonder off. I love playing in water and walks in the rain would be fun.



ROSALIE
Please be aware that when I am over stimulated I have a tendency to bite. I cannot sit up on my own. I would love if you gave me one on one time. I love touch and music. I calm down when sung to and love to run my fingers through dangling objects. I would love to reach and touch your face. I love if you took me for a walk in my wheelchair and just had me spend time outside of my bed. I need practice being on my stomach and have the ability to lift my head with practice.


MARIE JULIE
I have Cerebral Palsy. I am incredibly bright and pick up on tasks easily. I have better use of my hands then I think I do, so push me to finish a task. I am incredibly motherly to my younger siblings and can help out on taking care of them. I am learning to use sign language and am pretty fluent in both Creole and English. I am pretty mobile in walking with assistance.


JEAN
I have Cerebral Palsy. I am possibly colorblind and have short attention span (important that I finish a task). I am incredibly bright. I am pretty fluent in both Creole and English. I cannot straighten my legs but can get around pretty good on my own.


MACKENLY
I have the ability to learn and just need the experience. I am fully mobile and in that need to be watched, I can wonder off. Please do not let me throw the toys. Also I am learning not to stick things in my mouth. I absolutely love music and to dance.


KENDERSON
I have the ability to learn and just need the practice. Please give me lots of practice reaching for toys, sitting up on my own and on my tummy, keeping my head up and rolling over. I am a cuddle bug.


KEM
I have Cerebral Palsy. I communicate fully through my eyes, smile and basic sound due to my limited physical ability, I cannot sit up on my own. I am incredibly bright and can fulfill most task with basic assistants. I love to learn and share my love with others.


MOISE
I sometimes work myself up but can be easily distracted. Please be aware also that I will stick things in my mouth. I love one on one attention. I like listening to music and dancing.



HENRY CLAUDE

I don’t respond very much to anything but would love if you just sat with me and gave me human contact or took me for a wheelchair ride.


JOHN KERRY
I like movement and would love if you help me experience music to my rhythm. I would love to for a ride in my wheelchair.


JESSICA
I don’t have the ability to sit up on my own; I love touch and have the best belly laugh- ever. I need time on my stomach and reaching for things.

Owens
I am bright and understand Creole. I am still learning English. I cannot straighten my legs but can get around pretty good on my own. I love books and would love it you read to me and showed me the pictures.


Ti Willi

I just came to the Miriam Center a few days ago. I am still still getting used to my new environment and needs lots of love as I am scared. I am scared of white people but I would like to learn to trust and love them. I have not let on much of what I can do yet but I can sit up on my own. I am excited to meet all my new brothers and sisters and be in such a loving environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment