Saturday, January 16, 2010

Why I love Haiti so much...

THE PEOPLES: SMILES...LAUGHTER....DANCING...JOY ALL DESPITE THEIR CIRCUMSTANCES. These people know what it means to TRULY follow God...To TRUST him...To suffer for the cause of Christ. They long for Christ's return and look forward to heaven...How many American's can we say have true joy despite their circumstances, do we find smiling, laughin, or dancing on a normal day. How many christians long for Christ's return or Long for Heaven....Not many that I know. I Pray that one day I can have 1/2 the things that truly matter that my Haitian Brothers and Sisters have and are teaching me. In the midst of the worst tragedy in the countries history. Hatiains are walking the streets, SINGING PRAISES to their lord "Mwen pa ka di kombien mwen dwe" It is Unbelievable how amazing these people are. In a Praise to God they are saying that they cannot say how much they owe Him.Thats right in the midst of this tragedy they are still able to sing these praises...WHAT FAITH The last week has been the hardest week of my life emotionally and it is nothing compared to the week my brothers and sisters in Haiti are experiencing and I can guarantee I have not praised God as much as they have. I watched videos of past trips today to remind me of why I love Haiti so much, Thought I would share a few...


I am reminded of a song I heard on my bus trip in my second time to haiti...7 hours into a 10 hour off roading trip this song came on... "Can a nation be changed, can a nation be changed, can a nation be turned back to you, were on our knees, were on our knees. God let this nation be changed, let this nation be saved, let this nation be turned back to you, were on our knees." PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE Continue to pray for all the people of Haiti...For the ones that lost loved ones...For the ones who survived but have seens things they will never be able to forget...For those who are injured and suffering...For those who are still waiting to hear if loved ones are alived...For those Who don't know Christ...For the new christians who are struggling to know what to beleive...for the government...For the volunteers on the front lines...For God's mercy to cover this nation.
If you would like to donate please see the posting below for supplies needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment