Thursday, January 14, 2010

My children already being affected....

I just received the following email from courtney.....

I am writing you right now with a heavy heart in the wake of what is happening in Haiti. I am asking for prayer and help. As of this afternoon the ability to provide for my Outreach program were limited due to the after mass of the earthquake. Which means come tomorrow afternoon I have to tell 30 parents that they don't get to provide for their special needs kids. They have to go back to watching their family suffer in an even more devastating time. The earthquake has affected everyone. My heart hurts but there is a reason for it, it makes me see the needs of others and figure out how to go from feeling hopeless to doing something. Right now it is trying to find a way to buy rice and beans on a weekly basis during an increase of prices for an already starving country. For Jonathan Sake is the reason I only have 23 kids in my orphanage and I love it, it keeps kids with their parents, it shows this culture they are worth a hot meal, medical attention and love. No, these kids are not found in the mass of the devastation happening at the capitol but they are affected by it fully. If you or people that you know are looking for a way to help out with the earthquake relief that is connected to what I do, this is a way, they can donate through NWHCM website under Miriam Center- memo it For Jonathan Sake or to me and memo it For Jonathan Sake. We have NO funds to pull from, this program has yet to be sponsored and I am surrounded with families that have sick kids due to their disability or starvation. Within the last week I have had to turn families away from medical help, comfort a mother holding onto the loss of her little girl this last Sunday, hold a little boy at the age of 5 being only 15 pounds and feel helpless by massive needs right outside my doorstep. Thank you for letting me come to you with this. I know we have a BIG GOD!

Because of Him,

Courtney Pierce

My heart is breaking at this news. Yes PRAISE GOD all my kids are safe and were not injured in the EQ but For Jonathan Sake is my favorite program because like courtney said it keep parents with their children. It is teaching a community to love their disabled children in a culture that says not to. If we turn these parents away their children very well may die, families lose their support system and friends they made while comign to the miriam center. Not only have they lost loved ones in this tragedy they have lost their support system for their chidlren. PLEASE PLEASE CONSIDER donating to For Jonathan Sake. You could save a child's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment