Saturday, May 30, 2015

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

May 10th we celebrated Mother's Day in America. I was blessed to spend mothers day with my mom this year for the first time in a few years. The following is what I wrote about my mom this past mothers day. 

I am blessed to have the most wonderful, supportive, caring & loving mothers. I may be biasedMy mom has always encouraged me to follow my dreams & God's call on my life even when it took me thousands of miles away from home...to a foreign land...with tropical diseases! She has nursed me back to health countless times...instilled in me a strong work ethic...demonstrated what a compassionate, servant heart looks like...My mom has put up with ALOT from me...even through my stubbornness she has loved me. She has been my role model & set an example for me of what it is to be a Godly women and a loving/caring mother. Well...honestly I could keep going BUT for time and space reason...Thank you mom for EVERYTHING!!! I LOVE YOU!




Tomorrow is when Haiti celebrates Mother's Day. 
To celebrate mother's day in the outreach families. Presifue, Carlos, & Stephanie planned a picnic on the beach for all the families. It was a time full of love, laugher, fun activities, good food and great fellowship. Fun was had by all. The kids even made their mom's a little gift.



I wish I could have been there to help celebrate these amazing outreach mom's. Each of these mothers have chosen to go against the cultural norm. They have chosen to believe in & fight for their children who have special needs which is the opposite of the culture. These mom's make daily sacrifices for their children. Some walk or travel hours to come to outreach each week. They are STRONG...PASSIONATE...LOVING women. They are a daily inspiration to me! I have been blessed to get to know each of them.

I want to take a minute to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to each of our Miriam Center Staff. Each of them have become mothers to the 38 children that live with us. They not only care for and are great mothers to their biological children at home but when they are at the Miriam Center working 12 hours shifts they have chosen to see each of these children as their own as well. Each of our staff have made sacrifices to care for and love each of the children as their own. They are some of the most DEDICATED...HARDWORKING...LOVING...PASSIONATE...CARING...STRONG...HUMBLE women I know. I learn daily from them and I am so blessed that God has allowed me to serve alongside each of them!






No comments:

Post a Comment