Friday, May 15, 2015

Visit To Destin Florida

After my week in Nashville I had the wonderful opportunity to go visit my friend Edie who recently moved back to Destin, FL. Edie is an Occupational Therapist (OT) and has come to Haiti on multiple occasions to serve in the Miriam Center. This past summer we were blessed to have Edie and her daughter Caitlin (who had just graduated PT School) come for a week.






My week in Destin was so wonderful!!! and Relaxing...


I have never been to the Gulf side of Florida. The white sand beaches were just so beautiful. I was able to go to the beach everyday in the afternoon. I spent the morning working on Haiti stuff then spend the afternoons and evening enjoying God's creation. My first day at the beach it was pretty windy and their were many jellyfish that washed ashore



One of my favorite ways to enjoy God's creating is the sunsets....AND every night there was a BEAUTIFUL sunset!!!








I got to meet Edie's husband which was very nice. I have never met him before but I know how supportive they both are to my ministry in Haiti!!!! I don't think I can put into words what a wonderful blessing it was to spend the week with them.


I also got to meet her sister. We spend an afternoon on the beach with her sister & her sisters friends. The beach we went to was very nice!



This is what happens after a long cold winter...
I promise I did apply sunscreen but obviously not enough....


Edie also let me go see the pediatric clinic that she works at. They have some really neat equipment like this series of net hammocks!!!


What an ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL week. I can't thank them enough for their invitation and hospitality. I definitely needed a week of REST, RELAXATION, and SUN 8-)



No comments:

Post a Comment