Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Fun Filled Busy Day

Had a wonderful but extremely busy day full of fun! I started out my day in the Miriam Center helping Mary Beth give the kids their Christmas Presents &P take their Christmas pictures…Let me tell you I learned how hard it is to get a good picture of some of our kids on demand…50 shots later for some & still not 1 good picture…lol It was so fun to see the kids enjoying their new clothes and toys.

I then had the joy of introducing the Miriam Home children to SLIMY GAK. I started out by putting it on Job’s arm (He is blind) and He got the biggest smile. I then went around and let each kid and worker touch/hold it. The kids & workers were amazed!

I then headed down to the Gran Moun to give them each a mask & have a dance party. It was so great to see them all…their joy for the Lord is so contagious & I love how they are so like kids when given a gift :-) We also taught them how to blow bubbles.

I then came back up to blow bubbles with the Miriam home kids. They were so excited…jumping up and down and squealing for joy.

After lunch I had some 1 on 1 time with Job. I introduced him to the new vibrating bolster & Vibe critter. When I laid him prone over the bolster he was able to lift his head up for over 10 seconds & look around with a smile on his face. We spent a good 45 minutes working together. I then brought Rachel in but she was not a fan of the vibrating bolster but did love the VIBE critter. I really worked on stretching her neck muscles and having her hold objects with both hands. Last but not least I brought Galdine in who absolutely loved the vibrating bolster. During this whole time I had the wonderful opportunity of giving a first year OT student some hands on experience & teaching her how to use vibration to help children.

I had a group ask to do an activity with the kids and they said they did not mind getting messy. So I pulled out the shaving cream & stripped all the kids down & the fun began. This was probably the best shaving cream fiesta yet. We were all covered head to toe. To start it off Ju-Ju grabbed my head and smeared it all over my hear…soon following 4 of my boys tackled me & started smearing it all over my face and arms. This went on for a good hour. I got so much shaving cream stuff into my ears, up my nose and into my mouth & eyes it was ridiculous :-) I then went to shower the kids but realized we had no electricity & it just happened to be raining and so we took the kids out to play in the rain and wash them via the excess rain running our the rain spouts :-) It was so much fun. I was soaked but clean.

I then went inside to check to make sure all the kids were dry & dressed when Jimson came over and lifted his hands for me to stand him up. He quickly began to hop around (He wanted to dance). Jimson & I danced around until the water dripping off of me started to make puddles and we began to slip & slide all over the place. I then started spinning him in circles on the floor which he totally caught on & did it independently…That’s right I taught Jimson to BREAK DANCE!!! YEAH!

I had a meeting with my workers sharing the new schedule and praying with them. It went well and I am so excited to work side by side with them again!

After dinner we had devotions. Their was a time of sharing and 2 people shared about specific special moments they had with children at the Miriam Center. It was very touching!

All day the kids kept asking to watch a movie so I declared a movie night. The movie CARS :-) Well the kids did not really watch the movie because too busy eating popcorn & playing with the Americans. The kids were CRAZY…I have never seen the kids so hyper & excited. My head was spinning in the Chaos. The kids had a blast and the Americans did as well interacting. Issac and me danced together, Walden & I had another giggle fest, many of the kids took turns in the body sock swing…Kenderson thinks it is only his swing and began jumping on top of others & climbing the swing to try to get in. Owens was so excited to show his books off, Isaac busied himself playing catch & bouncing balls, Ju-Ju was pretend cooking with the GAK, Hope searched the room high & low to find anything plastic to chew on…It was a blast.

I am exhausted after today but so thankful for all the wonderful moments I had & the memories I formed. Please continue to pray for me as I prepare to get FSJ fully up & running my goal is by next week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment