Thursday, May 30, 2013

Everything Happens For A Reason

The other day while I was sitting up at camp seeking God...I was reminded how everything happens for a reason through the following verses...

"For I know the plans I have for you, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. 
Plans to give you a hope and a future" 
Jeremiah 29:11

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

I then sat down and started thinking about some of the blessings God has already revealed to me about my unexpected time in the states to recover....
BLESSINGS
~ Forced to rely deeper  on God and his word. God has truly spoke sweetly to my spirit
~ Unexpected time with family & friends
~ Finding out my Hep B vaccine from 12 years ago was never effective and I was unprotected for years & at risk but now I am able to re-do the Hep B vaccine series
~ I was able to get all the documents I need to apply for my Haiti Residence lined up for when I return to Haiti
~ I found a pediatric job for my 3 months back in the states in January which has enabled me to fill out all the paperwork to apply for my AZ OT licensure.
~ I was able to get all the pieces together to re-set up the visibility boxes in Haiti for summer groups to more easily interact with the Miriam Home children on a 1:1 basis. 
~ I was able to create training manuals for my Occupational Therapist interns that will be a base for years to come. 
~ I was able to help my Intern Julia pack and to support both my interns better during their preparation period then I would have if I was in Haiti
~ I got the medical care I needed that God knew I wouldn't be able to get what I needed in Haiti. 
~ Not to mention all the things/doors opened to grow people in Haiti because I wasn't there and will continue to grow them as they have to step out of their comfort zone

I could keep going and I know God will continue to reveal more reasons for my recent bout of health battles...but even if he doesn't reveal any more I trust Him and what He is doing. The deepest desire of my heart it to live daily in God's will...whatever that looks like...

No comments:

Post a Comment