Saturday, May 8, 2010

Graduation

I can’t believe 5 years has gone by sense I started my college career and my dream of becoming a Pediatric Occupational Therapist. So much has changed in and around me. It is amazing to reflect back on the past 5 years. I have made so many good friends, stepped out and been forced out of my comfort zone countless times, fell in love with the country of Haiti, and grown in my relationship with God in leaps and bounds. Thank you to each and every one of you that played a part in these past 5 years. It has not sunk in yet that I am done…that I am starting a new era in my life…that so much is changing.

SO much is changing and as I reflected on this on my drive home and God layed upon my heart and reminded me that though everything in my life is changing that GOD NEVER CHANGES. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. This is a huge comfort right now. With so many decisions to make God’s word has been a comfort remember that God has great plans for me, that He knows those plans and they are plans to prosper me and not to harm me!

I don’t have much time to process everything, since I head to Haiti on Monday. In a way it is helpful because I know what is ahead of me for the next 5 weeks, I am excited to grow in God in Haiti and share Christ with those around me. I look forward to pouring out God’s love that He has given me to those around me. I am excited to be Christ’s hands and feet.

Though a lot has ended this week… No longer do I have my own apartment, no longer do I live in Erie and go to school in Erie, no longer to I work for IRB department at Gannon, no longer can I just run upstairs to see my friends, or down to road to the Kirk House where I lived for 3 years…BUT ALSO a lot of new things are happening. I am heading to Haiti for 5 weeks, job searching, discerning God for what his plans are for me. I am excited to see what God has in store and I know “greater things are yet to come and greater things are still to be done” as I journey threw life with God.

Please keep me in your prayers as I discern God's will for my future and adjust to all the changes in my life. More than anything in the world I want to serve and love God with my whole heart, soul, and mind. I am His servant and want to go wherever He calls and leads me. Not my will but His be done!

The following are some pictures from Graduation. Each of these people have been integral to my time at Gannon. I love them all soooo much!


Adam and Me


Aunt Ellen and Me


Mom, me, and Dad


Susan, Me, and John (My spiritual Mentor all threw college)


Chey and Me (Big Sister for Life)


Chey, Me, Nick, Grace (Kirk House Peeps)


Me and Rachel (Kirk House)


Me, Emily, Kathleen (OT partners in Crime)


Me, Caleb, Amy (More Kirk House Family)

No comments:

Post a Comment