Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday (Trip to Bono)

Trip to Bono

Today we took a trip out to Bono to walk the new land, pray over it and Courtney talked as we walked for the plans so far for the property. On the tap-tap ride there is was wonderful to talk to all the different people in the tap-tap and here how they all got involved in the project. I am blown away at how God has brought all these pieces together and woven them to make such a wonderful plan and the amazing thing is we are only seeing but a glimpse of it.

This morning the no boundaries group said that last July they went to preach at the church in Bono and that great things happened and the pastor took them to the land and they prayed over it and prophesized. This was before Janiel, Courtney, or anyone else from the mission new about the land. What a BIG GOD!

The land in Bono is beautiful actually the word Bono means “Beautiful.” We have 3 pieces of land equally over 3 acres that we will be building on. It was so wonderful to hear all the plans and see the land. I tape recorded Courtney as she talked and showed us .

All day I have not been able to get the song “How great is our God” and “Mighty to Save” out of my head. I still in Awe and blown away at all God is doing and how all these plans are coming together. It is a master piece He is building. This is bigger than Bono, Bigger than Haiti, and bigger than any 1 or group of people. This facility is truly becoming a blueprint for facilities across Haiti and across the world.

The land will house a church, a school, a garden, a barn with animals for the kids to take care of on 1 piece of land. On the next piece of land will be the disability housing and big dining room. There will be 5 “H” shape houses with bedrooms and living area in each. The houses will be broken down by disability and skill level and these will be 5 homes. They will have house parents, beds and their own personal items. They will eat as a family, family style and learn to become as independent as possible. Central to the compound will be a big playground. There will also be 1 to 2 big therapy buildings, preschool building, deaf bording school, autism school, amputee school, etc. The back piece of land will have the gran moun, and the septic, water, and big warehouses.

The pastor who found the land and it will be his church on the land was there and showed us around. We were able to go see his current church and was talking about what a great need there is for a bigger church and a place for the people of Bono to come. Because Bono is huge into Voodoo and there is so many possibilities with a new church. I will post pictures when I can!

Please keep this project in your prayers. There are numerous organizations and people involved. Pray for visions from God for the land, pray for resources, and wisdom to know God’s plans and will for each and every person involved. Pray for BIG decisions that need to made.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I have big decisions to make about my future and more than anything I want to do God’s will, I want to serve Him with my everything, I want to be his hands and feet to the weary, weak, the poor, and the meak. I want to be God’s overflow to the people around me. My life is His and wherever He calls me I must go. Please pray for wisdom to know God’s will for me.

My time in Haiti has been so amazing so far and as I repeat I can’t stop standing in Awe of God and all He is doing!

The 2 songs God has really laid on my heart this morning during my morning devo’s on the roof was the song Awaken which states “Awaken my hear, awaken my soul, awaken your power and take control, awaken your passion for me. To live for you. My heart is longing, my heart is searching, I’m desperate for you to move, give me a hunger, call me closer, I’m crying out to you. Lord awaken me to live my destiny, awaken me and shine your light threw me!”

The other song is “No matter what it takes” which states “Everytime I find the one thing that holds me back inside, I want to tear apart and break my selfish pleasure at your feet because every part of me is an offering. I will send forth and lay down at your throne now. Because I live 4 you alone, no matter what it takes I will follow, everything I have I give to you, even under death I will follow, no matter what the price I give to you my life. You place this purpose down in me and it burns so deep, let this life I bring bring you all the glory, I’m entrusted with the gift that I can’t hide. Revive my heart, revive my mind.”





No comments:

Post a Comment