Friday, November 4, 2016

Meet Marc....Spinal Cord Injury

PRAISING GOD!!!! And HELP NEEDED...Yesterday was a huge day of firsts for me...
Meet Marc. Marc is 16 years old and fell out of a tree 4 weeks ago. I met him 2 weeks ago when he showed up at the clinic with a broken arm. I got called to help cast. I quickly realized he had a SCI that was not yet diagnosed or being treated.
I knew I was not equipped to provide therapy and our medical clinic at Northwest Haiti Christian Mission was not set up provide the high level of care he needed. I emailed the SCI network of Haiti which I was just connected to by Morgan Denny and Justin Dunaway
I got connected to a hospital in Cap Haitian that has an inpatient SCI and had space to accept him! Wow God is so great! 
But then came figuering out how we would get him there as all the routes have hours of unpaved roads. My contact Sibile in Cap Haitian introduced me to The Haiti air ambulance who is a non-profit mission that transports people across haiti to receive life saving care.
Yesterday morning it all happened. Marc was air lifted from the soccer field to the hospital in Cap Haitian.




The rest of the family took moto's for 6 hours over the mountain to meet him. 
He will stay in an inpatient Neuro rehab center for the next 4-6 months and receive daily therapy, nursing care and meals included! They also house 2 family members! I am in awe! And so thankful for all these connections that were made. That have the potential to impact other life's in the future but praising God for so much hope for this young man!
We need to fundraise $1,000 to cover all his medical care for the next 6 months which includes transportation, his hospital stay, his food, etc. this is so cheap for the intense therapy, hospital and housing for family for 4-6 months of rehab, and transportation.
To Donate: www.cten.org/autumnmarshall/
And place for Marc in memo

UPDATES: This was written 2 months ago. Marc is doing well. He is starting to stand and walk with a walker but his writs continues to be very painful and limiting to him. He has a wheelchair to get out and about with. He is staying in good spirits and works hard in therapy. His financial needs have still not been completely fulfilled. Please consider helping cover Marc's rehabilitation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment