Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The CATS...Yes 14 of them

Meet CHAMP. I was in charge of making sure Courtney did not keep any more cats. She already had 14 and got rid of 4 while I was there. So we were down to 10 but 4 of those were kittens that the plan was to get rid of. Well…I fell in love with this one kitten, it is the runt. He is so friendly and was the first to learn to get out and want to be loved on. One night Courtney and I were sitting on my bed and were trying to figure out how to name it so we put our initials together and got CHAMMP (Courtney, Heather, Autumn, Marie, Marshall, pierce). That same night we decided to name the other 3 Batman, Cantalope, and Butler. We are now up to 14 cats again because one of them had more kittens.lol…Courtney is known as the crazy cat lady. I thought I would share this part of my stay in Haiti with all of you who are cat lovers like me :P

Funny story…the first day I moved in Courtney had another roommate and it was her last night there and she was talking to the cats….I was like I won’t do that. YEAH WRONG. I found myself having conversations with the cats, trying to figure out what they were thinking. These cats were really Courtney and my entertainment late at night. I quickly learned her cats turn into gremlans when you feed them…it freaked me out the first time, then I just thought it was hilarious.

Another funny story is that one day one of workers (who knows we have tons of cats) tied a chicken outside our apartmant. Well it did not take long for it to be surrounded by cats.















No comments:

Post a Comment