Sunday, June 6, 2010

Emily post 3

Since my last post there has been a lot going on. There have been a lot of people coming and going but mostly just coming the mission is starting to flood over with people. Many people from many different places, it has been very warm and I would like to sleep outside however I do like the convince of a bed so I will keep it until at least Tuesday when mom gets back. Speaking of they did get to leave on Thursday to go to beaushamp all I have heard from a few people to come back early is that she is still alive and is kinda spoiling them she made them homemade cinnamon rolls this morning for breakfast when we all got the pleasure of cold cereal! And that they are sewing away! I on the other hand have been very busy going on day trips we went to Tortuga on Thursday it was amazing to see the kids and the adults faces light up when we got there. We had a great VBS and a lot of very attentive and well behaved children. We then got to swim with them and enjoy each others company they children here are just always happy and blessed for what they do have. Some other excitement of the trip was we got to see some dolphins on the way over and when we were swimming I found a huge starfish which gave us a great chance to tell kids the starfish story. All in all a pretty amazing day except for the continuation of the sunburn...haha… On Friday we were on campus and I decided to spend the day in the Miriam Center I got to help some of the boys as they went around and around and around on their new bikes. I spent most of the day trying to figure out where they got all of their energy from because I know I was tired and they just kept going. But a great time to spend w/ the boys and their smiles make all of it worth it. On Saturday most of the people that were still here on campus took a very very very long journey to the waterfall. They kinda warned us on how long it was but I don’t think that many us knew how it would be walking 9 ½ miles in this kind of heat it got the best of some and we ended up putting an IV in one of the girls from another group because she was dehydrated. Interesting stuff got to use some of my nursing skills.. Today was mostly day of rest we all just hung out on campus and did some little things it gave time for those who were sick to recuperate to be back to activities tomorrow. We did get up early and go to church quite interesting to say the least, but also very inspiring to see that after all the trials these people have been through they still trust in the Lord. After lunch today a few of us went to the Gran Moun and did feet washing with them, they were very happy and excited. Then we hung out in the Miriam Center and played with all of the kids out in the courtyard. My plans for tomorrow are to hang out in the baby orphanage or whatever I can find to do then we are heading out for ice cream for Autumns birthday and taking some of the kids with us… should be very interesting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment