Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Last Night :(

My last night I had a blast with the kids. I went down after dinner and we played hard for about 4 hours.
1. pulled out playdough and all the fun accessories. We played for a good hour. One of my favorite moments was when I smashed playdough on John’s freshly shaven head and began rolling it with the rolling pin. All the boys thought it was the funniest thing and so I had to do it with all of them.
2. We then read a few books and worked on our sign language and counting.
3. I blew bubbles for them to pop
4. We had a snack (treat) of popcorn
5. We then made paper bag puppets
6. opened glow sticks and turned the lights off sat in a circle and sang Children’s Bible Song. I started out doing songs I knew the sign language to and taught them to the kids like Jesus loves me and Our God is an awesome God. Courtney joined us partway threw and sang for a good 40 minutes and did all kinds of songs with motions and without. We had a blast.
7. We had picture time and I got pictures with all the kids.

I have to admit playing hard, loving tons my last night really helped bring closure to my trip. I would have to say last night was the best quality time I got to spend with the kids my entire trip.

I purposefully did not tell the kids I was leaving because I knew they would get upset. I think some of them knew but I kissed them all goodnight, we said our I love you and I walked out. I made it out of the center before I broke down. My heart hurt so bad! I had 28 very good reasons to stay. I had 28 smiling faces I WANT to wake up to. I have 30 other reasons in my outreach program why I want to stay. It is hard to leave something you have poured your heart and soul into…to leave family and not know when you will see them again. It is hard to leave and head back home to so many unknowns and hard decisions. So please pray for me as I try to make the transition from having a specific God-centered, God-fufilling purpose to going home to confusion, questions, decisions, and searching for God’s plan and purpose for sending me home.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment