Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Job





As many of you remember last summer I helped take care of and nurse back to health a little boy named Job. He had aspiration pneumonia, 106 fever, and was malnourished due to not being able to swallow correctly and not getting the right nourishment. He was also blind, has severe club feet, and cried all the time. Job became my boy last summer. It was so hard to leave him. He slept with me, we napped together, I helped put a tube down his nose into his throat and developed a feeding schedule and monitored it. It was the hardest thing to leave him and trust him in others hands. It was so amazing to walk in this summer and see him smiling…to hear him laugh. He has a tickle button and if I touch his stomach he laughs and smiles….and even snorts. He will always be my boy and I am so grateful God has given Him health, joy, and people to love on him.
During my meeting with my workers the other day I used Job as an example of why we need to use thickened liquids so other kids don’t get sick like that. Tezzi one of our workers told us the story of Job. It was so great to hear his story but also to hear how much Job meant to my workers. I have such wonderful workers, who love the children but also love God and that shines threw in how they care for the children 









No comments:

Post a Comment