Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Demolition has begun

The past 2 days have been very busy...

Yesterday I finished organizing all the stuff in the Miriam Center, I blew up the therapy balls and all the balls for the therapy room. Most of the day yesterday was full of paper work. Me and Courtney drew up plans for a wall unit we want to build and ordered all the wood for it. I also worked on filling in activities for our daily schedule for the next few months so when I leave groups will have activities to do with the kids.

Today, our trip to Ancephalor (the voodoo capital of the world) was cancelled because of all the rain we have had the last few nights and the river is too high to cross. This turned in to great news for Courtney and I because we then got 8 hands to help us with stuff in the Miriam Center. We had the guys knock down 4 walls with 1 sledge hammer and then I helped them carry all the rubble out of the building and pile it outside. they have 1 window and one door to knock out yet and all the demolition will be complete in the new building. The girls put together our cardboard bricks for the kids and a play kitchen set that we have.  We also prepped the rooms for painting hopefully tomorrow. I am soooo surprised at how fast this project has got underway and it is soooooooo exciting to know these kids are going to have an amazing place to live and grow. 

Den-Den is loved watching all the demolition and he held his small handheld hammer the whole time and watched and smiled and laughed. I did noodle play with the kids early today and hid a bunch of different items in different types of noodles and they dug through it and found them. They absoultly loved doing that. Hopefully tomorrow we will finish up there sensory table right now it has sand but we are going to put 3 slots in it. 1  will hold rice, 1 will be gravel, and the last one will be sand. The kids are loving playing with all their new toys and they never cease to amaze me. Ju-Ju yesterday did the hardest FM task I have down there and spent an hour determined to complete putting small, thin metal turtles into a piggy bank. She is so smart and wanted to do every activity she could get her hands on.  

God has been so faithful this trip and He is up to some awsome things. My heart grows more and more everyday for these children and the people of Haiti. God has really been speaking to me through the book the Dream Giver, the book just keep confirming my dream for the disabled children of Haiti. To care for them and to educate their families to care for them and to see how special they are and how God made them just the way they are for a reason. 

YEsterday I had a mother from "Jonathan's Sake" The community program we started bring her child in while I was sorting toys out. I played with him for while and then I took him in to the trampoline and the ball pit he got the biggest smile along with his mom. I then put him on a therapy ball and did some exercises with him. I then took him in the hallway and put him in a wheelchair where he was able to sit up and have control over his arms.  I brought toys to him to play with.  A little later on another mom brought her son in. This new program is going to have a huge in pack on the Hatian community. 

well, it is time for dinner

Pray that the river goes down so we can go to Ancephalor tomorrow to do VBS and pray over the voodoo alter and possibly go to the voodoo temple and pray against the evil spirits. This will be pretty intense, every time you enter this city you can feel the heaviness there.  THe song I always think of is "Can this nation be changed" I do believe that this nation can be changed and that this nation is being turned back to God and it is exciting to see Hatian Christians fight for their people with joy overflowing out of them into communities. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you do not have enough hours in the day! Thank you for keeping us posted on your daily adventures.

    Have I told you how proud I am of you? You have such a heart. Thank you for allowing God to work in you to touch the lives of his "special people".

    Take care and stay safe. My love and God's Blessings.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are getting lots accomplished and well organized for the people comming in after you leave. Take care and stay safe. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Autumn - hoping everything continues to go well for you! You certainly accomplish a lot - Hope you had a good birthday - sure miss seeing you - Take care and God Bless you! Love, Norma and Butch

    ReplyDelete