Sunday, June 28, 2009

My New Friend

After landing in Miami I went through customs and went to pick up my luggage. While I was waiting for my luggage to come I met another young girl who had been doing mission work in Haiti in the Port-A-Prince area. I later found out her name was Lydia. We helped each other recheck our bags and headed to find some food. We both had not really eaten much yet that day. We ended up going to a Mexican restaurant where you went down a food line and picked what you wanted but then they had a place where you could sit down and eat. She was so sweet and tried to buy my lunch but I told her that was very sweet of her but not necessary. While we ate we shared stories and talked about our lives. She is a nurse at a hospital. After we got done eating a shared a few pictures off of my camara and then she shared with me pictures off her camara. It was very enjoyable and it made my 4 hour layover go by really fast. At the end of our time she gave me a painting she bought in Haiti and said she wanted to give it to me because when I was going through my pictures I showed her a picture of painting I thought about buying but ended up not getting it. She insisted I keep it. I will never forget who gave me that picture and the country where it came from. God sure works in amazing ways to bring people into our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment