Sunday, June 7, 2009

Things have been going very well the last few days. We have been busy organizing the miriam Center. I spent 3 hours on Friday organizing all the stuff that came in on the boat, my stuff and the stuff courtney  brought in. We spend 3-4 hours organizing that stuff and yesterday we pulled everything out of the Miriam storage closet it filled up a huge room we spend 4 hours working on organizing all that stuff. We got a lot done but it is going to take a while because there is so much stuff and we want to take an inventory. I brought in a book that has things you can build and how to build it. We asked how much the wall organizer would be to build and Janeil told us it would cost 450.00 because wood here is so high. A women said I will pay for it, all non shelant and me and Courtney's jaw dropped did she really just say she would buy the wood for us. We are so excited to have a storage unit. If we decide what plastic containers we want, Courtney's church is going to buy the plastic containers to store the stuff in. 

Me and Courtney the last few nights have had a lot of fun playing with our new toys with the kids. 2 night ago we put together a trampoline. It was hilarious watching us trying to put it together. It a decent size one with safety poles and netting going around it. After it was built we put ball pit balls in it so when they bounce they bounce all around them. The kids smiles were so big and they laughed and laughed. We have been wanting to build a ball pit but wood is so expensive but I found in our closet a pack and play and popped that up and filled it with balls and made a ball pit. Only the smaller kids can fit in it but Walden had a blast and he played in it for a good 20 minutes. Last night I took Jebson the oldest boy who is often left alone and in a corner. He laughed so hard on the trampoline I thought he was going to pee his pants. Things are going great in the Miriam Center and alot of good things are happening. We are hoping to start painting our new building tomorrow. I recruited some of the miscelaneous group to help us out with cleaning, organizing and painting. They have been so much help. 

Yesterday morning Magdala the manager of the mission called me over and took me in to see a birth. It always amazing me seeing the miracle of giving birth. It was an adorrible 8lb baby girl. The mother actually works at the mission as the cook for the baby orphanage.  

Today I went to La Fordge to church it is a 2 hour walk from the mission but I took a moped. I was very scared to ride on one but I made them go slow and had a translator and Cara on ones next to me. We rode them down to the river and then walked the rest of the way (45 min). Church was so good today! I always love seeing their passion and joy in worshiping and singing to God. 

Thank you for your prayers! 

3 comments:

  1. Autumn, Hi, sounds like you are having a great trip. God is certianly blessing the children in the Miriam Center. It sounds like there will be a lot of wonderful things available to help them learn and grow to their maximum potential. We are really sorry we missed your calls on Saturday and Sunday. We were at camp, not at home. We had a good day yard saling on Saturday. I got some really nice things for my kids. We also got another baby pillow and also another kid size physioball. It sounds like everything is going great. We miss you and love you. Take care and be careful. I'm really sure climbing the rocks at the falls was really safe. lol NOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Autumn I forgot to tell you Kasey and Ben had their bid for the house in Girard accepted. As long as the loan goes through they will have their house. They are very excited. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl!
    Sounds like things are going so great! So much new and exciting things! Your time and energy is helping all of this happen! :) Enjoy your time with the kids!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete